Just by selling handmade items or arts and crafts supplies from the comfort of their home, a lot of Irish are making six figure income.
The surprising truth is they are not making huge income from actually marketing GLOBALLY not the local markets from their own computer!
Check out this podcast for inspiration:
Are you skilled and artistic? Do you make jewelry, sew clothes or good at making decorpage, hobby craft, paper craft, quilling, and sequins? Or perhaps your a talented painter or photographer? Surely, your friends praised you always and highly recommend you to their friends. Whatever your crafty or artsy skills are, there is a way to market it easily to international market. If crafting isn’t your thing, but you frequent car boot sales and have an eye for vintage treasures, you can sell those too!
Here is the secret: Sell them on Etsy.
Etsy.com is an online marketplace for all things handmade. Etsy has lots of traffic. Etsy’s Alexa world rank is 136 (41 in the US), which is pretty awesome.
More Reasons to Sell on Etsy
You will not get the same targeted audience for your products at eBay, Lazada, Zalora, Redmart or any local online marketplace. You can also set higher prices for your items because buyers on Etsy appreciates crafts and arts, and price tag is not their main concern. The possibilities really are endless. In addition to handmade, you can sell vintage items and supplies for arts & crafts too.
What Other People In Your Region Are Selling
- Jewellery making supplies.You can sell jewelry making supplies to create beautiful pieces of homemade jewelry. You can sell charms and beads, jewelry making kits, and other jewelry supplies.
- Crochet Flower Applique and Accessories. You can also sell handmade items like unique hand crafted crochet flowers, applique and accessories.
- Book Cover Art on Antique Pages. Vintage items are also a good way to start at Etsy. Book cover art on antique pages and other vector graphics and illustrations are also in demand.
- Sterling Silver Charms. Sell unique and handmade sterling silver charms.
- Clipart, vector and digital papers. Sell different kinds of graphics (clipart and digital papers for scrapbooking, designs, illustrations and vectors).
- Embroidered felt and fabric decorations. You can also try unique and handmade decorations such as handmade felt Christmas ornaments, colourful embroidered decorations and accessories. Designs include puffins seagulls, boats, hearts and flowers, and are created with colourful felt, buttons and scraps of new and vintage fabric.
- Wooden boxes and shapes. How about going for blank boxes? Natural wood box for all crafting projects. Suilt for customers who want boxes for their crafting projects, scrap-booking or decoupage.
- Bespoke soft furnishing. You can try selling collection handmade goods for home, kiddies & adults. Suitable for quilting, craft, card and scrap book making etc.
- Classic Metal Signs. Sell variety of unique handmade and original designs of vintage style metal signs and classic style metal signs. You can try the following sign categories : open close signs, shop signs, store signs, classic signs, business signs, restroom signs, wedding signs, kitchen signs, no soliciting signs, no solicitation signs, man cave signs, child’s room signs, vintage signs, address signs, door number signs, gate signs, event signs, rustic signs, retro signs and so much more with custom design and personalization.
- Gemstone Crystals, Crystal Healing. How do feel about selling healing products? Crystal products inspire and enhance self-healing, awareness and personal growth through the powers of Mother Nature.